Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Introducing the CSX Dixie Line


I have changed my prototype from the CSX former Clinchfield route to the CSX line between Atlanta, GA and Nashville, TN via Chattanooga, TN. While I really have a special place in my heart for the Clinchfield, I really wanted to have some variety with regards to industrial swithching & operations that were just not available with the Clinchfield. While I will be losing perhaps the best mountain railroad scenery east of the Mississippi, I will be gaining the beautiful scenery of the rolling hills and mountains of northwest Georgia and southeast Tennessee. I feel this is an ideal tradeoff, plus don't be surprised if some Clinchfield inspiration shows up here and there on the new CSX Dixie Line.

Note: This blog has been replaced by the new CSX Dixie Line blog. No additional updates will be made to this CSX Clinchfield Division blog. As always, thanks for visiting and looking forward to seeing you on the new blog!

.